Acceptable Use Policy
Last Updated: October 16, 2018
This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) governs your use of Envoy’s website (www.envoyplatform.com), subdomains, related domains, Envoy’s mobile applications, and the Envoy software system which is provided on a subscription (software-as-a-service) basis only (“Platform”). We will refer to these collectively as the “Sites”. When we refer to “Services”, we mean the Sites and the services available through them. Envoy reserves the right to modify or update this policy from time to time.
You agree not to use the Services in any way that could harm or impair others’ use; prohibited actions include:
- Breaching or otherwise bypassing any security or authentication measures.
- Transmitting viruses, malware, or any other malicious or destructive code. Prohibited items include: any routine, device, or other undisclosed feature (e.g. so-called time bomb, virus, software lock, drop dead device, malicious logic, worm, Trojan horse, or trap, back door or software routine) that is either (1) designed to delete, disable, deactivate, interfere with, or otherwise harm any software, program, data, device, system, or service; or (2) intended to provide unauthorized access or to produce unauthorized modifications.
- Distributing content that harms or interferes with the operation of any Envoy or third-party networks, servers, or other infrastructure.
- Using any robot, spider, data scraping or extraction tool, or similar mechanism.
- Using the Services for phishing scams.
- Accessing, tampering with, or using nonpublic areas within the Services or shared areas within the Services to which you have not been invited.
You agree that you will not, and will not permit others, to use the Services to:
- Commit or encourage fraudulent or illegal activities in violation of any applicable laws, rules, or regulations (including those related to child pornography, gambling, digital currency mining, or piracy).
- Use, store, share, host, copy, distribute, display, publish, transmit, or send objectionable content; prohibited content includes content that is or could be deemed: offensive, inflammatory, hateful, defamatory, discriminatory, obscene, abusive, invasive of privacy, or harmful to others.
- Distribute unwanted, unsolicited, or harassing mass e-mail or send unwanted promotional or commercial content ("Spam").
- Infringe or misappropriate any Envoy or third-party copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property, proprietary right, license right, or legal content protection.
- Mislead or confuse others by pretending to be someone else or pretending to represent an organization you do not represent.
- Distribute others’ personal and confidential information (e.g. credit card numbers, confidential national ID numbers, or account passwords) without their permission.
You agree that your access to and use of the Services, including, without limitation, entering into transactions or engaging in communication with other users or customers is at your own risk and that any such transactions shall be governed by independent third party agreements between you and such other users or customers. Envoy will have no responsibility for any harm that results from your entering into transactions with other users or customers using the Services.
Envoy retains all right, title and interest in and to: (a) the Services and the technology and software used to provide them, and all intellectual property and proprietary rights therein; and (b) all electronic and print documentation and other content and data (excluding content uploaded by you to the Platform) made available through the Services.
Reporting Potential Issues
If you encounter content that you believe violates the above policies, please report it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Envoy reserves the right, but does not assume the obligation, to investigate any violation of this AUP or misuse of the Service.