ENVOY B2B | CAREERS
Join a team of smart, creative people. Learn new skills, make great products. Eat tacos.
Walk into our office and you'll find people that embody the ambitions of an astronaut - confident explorers and technical wizards that also fly the machines.
We’ve got whiteboards, an arcade, music on all the time, too many Star Wars posters, and a messy room to make stuff. And with all of this a culture that encourages getting into each other's work, supporting quality through collaboration, iteration in everything, and above all the drive to make every interaction with our clients an opportunity to help them become a better business.
Perks of being part of Envoy
Want to wear a suit and tie? Go ahead, get fancy. More of a jams and flip flops guy? That’s fine, we think jams are still cool too. Either way, wear what makes you comfortable, there’s no dress code here.
Food, Beer, Breakfast
We’ve got a cabinet full of snacks and you can usually find a beer or two in the fridge. Random taco lunches. Pizza days. Company breakfast once a month. We try to keep you fed at least as well as Mom did.
Everybody Needs A Hobby
Hobby Days let you take a day off to indulge your favorite hobby without worrying about burning a vacation day. There are three simple rules - don’t leave your team in the lurch, make up the time within two weeks, and don’t abuse the privilege.
10 Paid Holidays
We offer the standard holidays - New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the following Friday, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day - as well as the day after Christmas and 1 floating holiday.
Employee Of The Year
Why have one Employee Of The Year... when you can have four. Every quarter the tiger statue is passed to another deserving employee. This honor comes with the glory of showcasing the statue on your desk, a bag or two of bagels (that you provide), and the unadorned love and jealousy of your co-workers.
We have our own channel on Giphy. Make GIFs, tag ‘em to Appropos, and share away. Maybe you’ll get famous on the internet.
Toys, Toys, Toys
Nerf guns, remote control helicopters, scooters, video games - we have all kinds of fun things around the office if you need to reset your brain or need to shoot space aliens over your lunch hour.
Deli Down the Hall
Forgot your lunchbox? Take a scooter down the hall to the Deli in the building and get a hot, fresh sandwich. Or some pie.
Hello Grand Rapids
Our office is located on the river with a beautiful view, right next to downtown. You’ll find plenty of tasty restaurants and great bars (some of them have karaoke!)
Restaurants/bars we love:
- JD Reardon’s
- Donkey Taqueria
- Maggie’s Kitchen
- Mitten Bar
Check Out The Team
We are hang gliders, drummers, gamers, authors, artists, and enthusiasts. We are programmers, support specialists, content providers, product designers, photographers, marketers, and project planners. We are hard working, dedicated people that love our jobs and are passionate about our work, our people, and the things we love.Get to know the team you will be working with.
We are only as strong as our moral compass. Be intentional and thoughtful in what you say and do, strive for honesty, and empathize with those around you. In a nutshell, do the right thing.
Open communication, collaboration, and transparency of intention serve to foster a positive environment. Take responsibility for your actions, be honest, and respect your peers. Every day.
The Golden Rule
Respect those around you. Treat others as you want to be treated, kindly and with integrity. Drive communication with compassion. Basically, don’t act like a jerk.
Curiosity Is A Virtue
Challenge the accepted path, take risks, and keep learning. Step outside your comfort zone. Don’t be afraid to ask questions. There’s always an improvement to be made, or something new to be discovered. Be curious, find it.
Courage, Grit, Resolve
Work hard, advocate your ideas and strengths, and hold yourself accountable for what you do, good and bad. Figure out how to leap every hurdle. Choose to make every day a successful day.
Move as One
Each one of us has an impact on the momentum of the company. Every individual, regardless of role, shares responsibility for our successes, our failures, and everything in between.
Own Your Impact
Take pride in your work and be confident in your vision. If you want something done, make it happen. Push through your doubt and achieve something awesome.
We are looking for a technical, software-savvy individual to fill the role of Sales Engineer. This individual will be heavily involved in the sales cycle, primarily through assisting sales reps in performing software demonstrations, uniquely tailored for individual prospects. The sales engineer will also be an important piece of creating the scope of the project, based upon the requirements of each business. Consider them the product expert and owner during the sales cycle. Bonus points if you can sing the theme song from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
- Perform tailored software demonstrations to prospective clients
- Act as the product expert through the entire sales cycle
- Work with sales to create proposals based on customer needs
- Stay in tune with industry, software, and ERP trends within the AFA community
- Communicate with the development and product owners to identify common trends for future development planning
- Keep tabs on the ever-evolving products and services that Envoy offers to effectively communicate and demonstrate them to prospects
- Train internal staff on new features, industry information, competitive platforms, etc.
- Occasional travel to industry trade shows and prospect locations (<10%)
- Clear and effective communicator
- Great presentation skills to C-level players
- Knowledge of standard ERP practices (inventory, fulfillment, warehousing, order management, purchasing, etc.)
- Industry knowledge in manufacturing & wholesale practices, specifically in the apparel, footwear, and accessory vertical is strongly preferred
- Ability to work in a team environment, supporting sales in closing new business
- High-level knowledge of cloud vs. on premise, Amazon Web Services, Software as a Service (Saas), multi-tenant vs private cloud deployments
- Ideally 3+ years of prior pre-sales experience
If you are interested, please submit your resume, cover letter, credentials, and maybe a drawing of a pineapple.
Sales Development Representative
If establishing your sales career at a growing technology company, and eventually becoming a rock star Account Executive gets you excited - let’s talk! We are looking for a passionate and highly-motivated individual to fill the role of Sales Development Representative, potentially moving to an Account Executive role in 12-18 months after proven success. The SDR will spend their time talking with C-level players at apparel and footwear brands to educate and convince them that Envoy can revolutionize their B2B eCommerce strategy. Brownie points to any candidate that can play “hot cross buns” on the recorder.
- Qualify and produce quality leads for the sales team to perform discovery calls and software demonstrations
- Acquire and maintain working knowledge of the apparel, footwear, and accessory industry
- Promote, create, and share Envoy content through various social media platforms, establishing yourself as a thought leader in the industry
- Analyze a prospect’s pain points within their B2B strategy and systems to describe how Envoy can solve them
- Work on various sales and marketing projects to help reach company goals
- Some light travel to industry trade shows is possible (<10%)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to work for a growing company in the technology industry
- Bachelor’s degree in sales related field (business, marketing, communications, etc.)
- Minimum 1 year in a business to business sales role
- Experience or knowledge of the retail and/or fashion industry is a plus
If you are interested, please submit your resume, cover letter, credentials, and maybe a pirate treasure map.